Policy of the journal
Policy of the journal
The journal "Bulletin of KazNU. Journal of Philosophy, Culture and Political Science” (has been published since 1993) is a scientific publication that publishes original articles on theoretical and applied research in all areas of philosophy, culture and political science. Works on related issues of philosophy, culture and political science and review articles, as well as their applications to the social sciences are published.
The periodicity of the issue is 4 times a year. ISSN 1563-0307.
The authors and readers of the journal are domestic and foreign researchers, university professors, practitioners, doctoral, graduate and undergraduate students.
The mission of the journal is to create conditions for the exchange of scientific information in the international scientific information space, the results of fundamental and applied research of domestic and foreign experts in philosophy, culture and political science; attract attention to the most relevant, promising and interesting areas, promote the formation of an open scientific debate in order to improve the quality of scientific research on the effectiveness and expertise of scientific works in the humanities.
The purpose of the journal is to promote the development of fundamental and applied scientific research, to highlight the results of modern scientific research in the field of philosophy, cultural studies and political science, which promote the scientific and educational level of specialists.
The following main tasks should promote to achieve the goals:
- publication of original scientific works containing new results on philosophy, cultural studies and political science;
- ensuring a high scientific level of reviewing;
- attracting highly qualified domestic and foreign authors;
- publication of scientific reviews relevant to the journal;
- compliance with the publication ethics;
- inclusion of the journal in the main international abstract databases (Scopus, Web of Science);
- geographic diversity of authors.
The editorial board does its utmost to comply with the ethical standards adopted by the international scientific community and to prevent any violation of these norms.
Submission of the article for consideration implies that it contains new non-trivial scientific results obtained by the authors, which have not been published before.
The author (or collective of authors) bears personal responsibility for the novelty and reliability of the results of scientific research, which implies observance of the following principles:
- The authors of the article should provide reliable results of the conducted studies. Knowingly erroneous or falsified statements are unacceptable;
- Authors should ensure the originality of the research results described in the submitted manuscript. Borrowed fragments or statements must be made with a mandatory indication of the author and the source. Excessive borrowing, as well as plagiarism in any form, including unformulated quotes, rephrasing or assigning rights to the results of other people's research, are unethical and unacceptable;
- The article should contain references to the work that was important during the research;
- authors should not provide a journal with a manuscript that was sent to another journal and is pending, as well as an article already published in another journal;
- all persons who have made a significant contribution to the study should be identified as co-authors of the article; among co-authors it is inadmissible to indicate persons who did not participate in the study;
- if there are significant errors or inaccuracies in the article at the stage of its consideration or after its publication, it should notify the editorial office of this as soon as possible.
The journal is peer-reviewed,
- All research papers submitted to the journal are subject to mandatory review.
- The author sends to the editorial staff of the journal an article prepared in accordance with the «article submission guidelines ". Upon receipt of the article from the author, the executive secretary of the editorial board determines the correspondence of the article to the subject of the journal and directs it to the scientific editor of the corresponding direction of the journal who determines the reviewers.
- Reviewing of articles is carried out by highly qualified scientists and specialists of the Kazakh National University named after al-Farabi, other universities of Kazakhstan and foreign countries in the relevant scientific field. The review is conducted confidentially. The author of the article cannot be his opponent.
- The duration of the examination in each particular case is determined by the scientific editor to create the conditions for the most rapid publication of the article.
- The final decision on the publication of the article is made by the editorial board and documented in the protocol of the meeting of the editorial board.
- In the case of a positive conclusion, the scientific editor of the journal determines the order of the publications, depending on the subject matter of the journal's issues.
- In the presence of comments at the discretion of the reviewer, the article may be sent to the author for revision. After the finalization, the article is again sent to the referee. If the reviewer's negative opinion on the corrected work is not accepted, the article is not accepted for publication.
- The editorial staff of the journal by email informs the author of the results of the review; discussion with the authors about the rejected articles is not conducted. In conflict situations, the decision is made by the editor-in-chief..
- The original of the reviews is kept in the publishing house and in the editorial office of the journal within 3 years from the date of publication of the article. Responsible for keeping the reviews is the executive secretary of the editorial board of the journal.
- Materials, which has been sent to the editorial staff are not returned
- The editorial board does not assume obligations on the terms of publication.